DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Use only after careful consideration of the warnings, directions, and first aid instructions given.
2. Surface Preparation: Surfaces to be bonded should be clean, dry and free of any dust, frost, wax, moisture, dirt, grease, oil, rust, or other contaminants. Do not use over painted surfaces. Many protective coatings are not compatible with Anchor Adhesive.
3. Adhesive Preparation: Adhesive should be stored at room temperature (60ºF to 80ºF) for at least 24 hours prior to use.
4. Working Temperature: For best results, adhesive and materials to be bonded should be 30ºF to 120ºF.
5. Adhesive Application: Do not apply at temperatures below 30ºF. Prepare and install one anchor at a time. Apply a dab (the size of a small walnut) of adhesive to the anchor base with a putty knife and immediately (maximum open time is 10 minutes) press anchor firmly into place, with a slight twisting motion. For proper adhesion, insure that the film of adhesive covering the anchor base (after the anchor has been firmly pressed into place) is protruding
6. Installing Anchor Adhesive to Concrete Surfaces: New concrete surfaces need to cure a minimum of 28 days in order to ensure best adhesion. All concrete surfaces should be high pressure water blasted or sand blasted to remove any surface curing agents and all foreign matter. Spread anchor adhesive on anchor base allowing solvent to flash off for several minutes before pressing anchor firmly into place with a slight twisting motion. Do not apply load until application is completely dry.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Base: Thermoplastic Rubber
Solids Content: 64%
Color: Light Brown
Weight/gallon: 9.0 lbs./gal.
Shear Strength: Greater than 600 psi (AFG 01)
Water Resistance: Excellent
Consistency: Gun Grade Mastic
Application Temperature: 30°F to 120°F
Extrudability: Excellent (ASTM C 731)
Service Temperature: -30°F to 250°F
Shelf Life: 12 months
Storage Temp: Store at room temperature with cross ventilation.
Clean-up: Mineral Spirits, exercising safe practices OSHA Class 1B liquid. Store per 29 CFR 1910, 106.
Coverage: 500-1000 anchors per gallon
Flammability: Flammable, Red Label
Flash point: (ASTM D 3828) -9°F
Open time: 15 minutes at 75°F and 50% relative humidity
Contains: Toluene and Silica, Quartz
Warning: This product contains Silica, Quartz, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. This product contains Toluene a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Cancer Hazard: Contains Crystalline Silica which may cause cancer. Risk of cancer depends on duration and level of exposure. VAPOR HARMFUL, MAY AFFECT THE BRAIN OR NERVOUS SYSTEM CAUSING DIZZINESS, HEADACHE OR NAUSEA. CAUSES EYE, SKIN, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. MAY BE HARMFUL IF ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN.
NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the content may be harmful or fatal. Use only with adequate ventilation: Vapors may ignite explosively. Do not breathe dust, vapors or spray mist. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headache or dizziness or if monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH/MSHA approved) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Close container after each use. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame: Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent build-up of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.
VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE.
First Aid: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention immediately; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call Poison Control Center, Hospital Emergency Room or Physician immediately. If spilled: Contain spilled material and remove with inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and Federal regulations.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Notice to Purchaser: NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARE MADE INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE MANUFACTURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE PURCHASE, USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IF SUCH TESTING PROVES A PRODUCT DEFECT, THE USER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS EITHER REIMBURSEMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR REPLACEMENT OF THE CONTAINER OF PRODUCT. NO FABRICATOR, INSTALLER, DEALER, AGENT OR EMPLOYEE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MODIFY THE OBLIGATIONS OR LIMITATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state; therefore, some of the limitations stated above may not apply to you. It is to your benefit to save your documentation upon purchase of a product. Rev. 03-07