Barrie, Ontario CA
September 26, 2022
Overview & Key Functions
This position is primarily responsible for picking, packing, and shipping customer orders as well as counting, verifying, receiving, and putting away incoming material, and delivering orders to customers.
- Receive purchased items and supplies into stock.
- Package and arrange shipping of customer orders.
- Make deliveries.
- Know how to safely operate a forklift and other warehouse equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by keeping a clean, safe environment and inspecting equipment
- Responsible for filling orders by picking, packing and prepping for delivery
- Match and verify customer packing slips with outgoing orders
- Receive shipments by counting and ensuring accuracy of packing slips to purchased items
- Check products for quality
- Repacking inventory boxes
- Place inventory in proper location
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by monitoring security procedures and performing nightly
checks and lock-up
- Control accuracy of inventory levels by conducting physical counts as required
- Perform inventory cycle counts
- Advise management on low level stock items
- Make deliveries and pick up orders
- Load and unload trucks and freight containers
- Stock warehouse supplies
- Log status of rental equipment and repairs
- Answer phones and other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- High School or some post-secondary education
- Warehouse experience and product knowledge an asset
- Able to lift boxes (maximum of 50-60 lbs)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- A clean driver’s abstract that demonstrates good driving skills
- Computer skills
Have a Question? Give us a call!